Make a Difference
Foster Hospital for Small Animals Renovation Plans
Over the past twenty-five years, the specialization of veterinary medicine has led to significant advancements in diagnostics and treatment plans for companion animals. As a premier teaching institution, the Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine at Tufts University has played a large role in the advancement of veterinary medicine and has significantly improved the lives of both animals and their humans.
In an effort to meet and exceed growing client and student needs, we have undertaken a renovation of the Foster Hospital that is centered upon increasing client and patient satisfaction by improving client/outpatient areas within the hospital.
Since its opening in 1985, the Henry and Lois Foster Hospital for Small Animals has served hundreds of thousands of pets throughout New England.
80: number of fourth-year students participating in clinical rotations throughout the hospital
95: number of doctors on staff, including 50 interns and residents in nine specialties
2000: number of students we’ve trained, including 100 interns and 200 residents
25,000: number of cases the Foster Hospital sees annually
With numbers like these, it’s no wonder we’ve outgrown our walls!
The primary focus of this renovation is to reduce stress and anxiety for patients and their owners in addition to facilitating teaching and student learning in dedicated spaces.
What will improve?
- An expanded client reception will create areas for dog and cat waiting and a separate area for emergencies
- A new space for bereavement, including a dedicated interior room, adjacent to and with access to our bereavement garden will create a comfortable haven for reflection
- The project will centralize the outpatient functions of the hospital
- Added examination rooms will help to meet the demands of the growing caseload
- An ultrasound suite will improve the communication and teaching functions of this integral activity
Your generosity can be remembered for years to come through a number of select naming opportunities, including:
To learn more about supporting this project, please contact:
Development and Alumni Relations
Cummings School of Veterinary Medicine
200 Westboro Road
North Grafton, MA 01536