Get involved...Stay connected!
Volunteers are indispensable to Tufts. Passionate and versatile, they reach out to alumni, friends, parents, and others, to catalyze engagement with Tufts and generate support. Hundreds of alumni, friends, and parents across the globe dedicate time and resources to connecting fellow Jumbos back to Tufts and are a critical factor in the success of the Tufts Fund.
Volunteers play diverse roles: organizing affinity groups and regional and international alumni chapters, leading class reunion efforts, raising annual participation in fundraising efforts, and much more. Thanks to these individuals, the Tufts experience is kept alive in the minds of alumni and friends all over the world.
Looking to get involved? Read below for specific opportunities.
- Serve as an ambassador of the Tufts Fund to your fellow alumni Jumbos. A role as simple as calling ten friends a year has a large impact for the University
- Classes 1963-1988 – Contact Erica Wilcoxson at Erica.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classes 1989-2012- Contact Sarah Murphy at email@example.com
- In your reunion year, reach out to classmates to encourage them to give back in honor of your reunion. Every reunion 5th-65th has a Reunion Class Gift Committee to raise important funds for educating the next generation of Jumbos.
- A shared interest group comprised of alumni volunteers who graduated in the past ten years who are committed to remaining connected to Tufts, their fellow alumni, and giving back to the university. YFTA is currently based in NYC, DC, and Boston.
- Current undergraduates run a student-driven giving initiative to increase awareness of how philanthropic dollars from alumni, parents, and friends contribute to the student experience—and the importance of giving back to Tufts.
Additional alumni opportunities are available to organize affinity groups, regional and international alumni chapters, plan class reunions, and more. Visit the Tufts Alumni website or fill out a Volunteer Interest Form and a member of the staff will follow up.